This post is also available in: Polish
Today 12/11/2012 Microsoft released Rollup 5-v2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2
After you install this Rollup 5-v2 you will update Exchange Server 2010 SP2 version number to 14.2.328.10
This update resolves issues that were found in Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 since the software was released.
As you remember last version of Rollup 5 for Exchange 2010 SP2 caused problems with DAG, we wrote about this here:
This is a cumulative rollup as always so you don’t need to install previous versions.
This update rollup is highly recommended for all Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 customers.
Rollup 5-v2 for Exchange Server 2010 SP2 is available here:
List of all build numbers of Microsoft Exchange Server you can find here:
As always we recommend do not install new Rollups in production environment, you should test it first in LAB.
For a list of changes that are included in this update rollup, see:
Description of Update Rollup 5-v2 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 (KB2785908)
Below we present list of changes included in Rollup 5-v2:
- 2707146 IRM-protected messages cannot be returned in search results if the messages are recorded and sent to an external contact in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2710975 Some MAPI property objects in an ANSI .pst file contain unreadable characters if you import the file by using the “New-MailboxImportRequest” cmdlet
- 2712001 ExTRA.exe does not collect data if you select a scheduled task for a data collection in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2712595 Microsoft Exchange RPC Client Access service crashes when you run the New-MailboxExportRequest cmdlet in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2716145 Store.exe crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 mailbox server if a VSAPI based antivirus software is used
- 2717522 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service crashes on an Exchange Server 2010 server when you update the OAB that contains a DBCS address list
- 2720017 An RBAC role assignee can unexpectedly change a DAG that is outside the management role group scope in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2727802 Microsoft Exchange Replication service crashes intermittently when you try to move mailboxes from an Exchange Server 2003 server to an Exchange Server 2010 server
- 2733415 Event ID 1 is logged on the Exchange Server 2010 Client Access server in a mixed Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2003 environment
- 2733609 Email message and NDR message are not delivered if an email message contains unsupported character sets in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2743761 DAG loses quorum if a router or switch issue occurs in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2748766 Retention policy information does not show “expiration suspended” in Outlook Web App when the mailbox is set to retention hold in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2748767 You receive an NDR message that incorrectly contains recipients of successful message delivery in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2748870 Declined meeting request is added back to your calendar after a delegate opens the request by using Outlook 2010
- 2748879 You cannot access a mailbox by using an EWS application in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2749075 A copy of an archived item remains in the Recoverable Items folder of a primary mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2749593 Outlook logging file lists all the accepted and internal relay domains in the Exchange Server 2010 organization when you enable troubleshooting logging
- 2750293 Items remain in the “Recoverable Items\Deletions” folder after the retention age limit is reached in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
- 2750847 An Exchange Server 2010 user unexpectedly uses a public folder server that is located far away or on a slow network
2763886 “The operation failed” error in the Outlook client when you open a saved message from the Drafts folder and then try to send it in an Exchange Server 2010 environment