This post is also available in: Polish
Microsoft announced the release of Exchange 2013 CU2 on the Microsoft Exchange Team Blog.
Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update 2 can be downloaded here:
After installation CU2 you will get version number: 15.0.712.22
CU2 contains a number of fixes as well as new/improved features, including:
- Per-server database support increased back to 100
- OWA Silent Redirection
- Addition of the DAG Management service
- Changes to Managed Availability
- Improved PowerShell Help Updating
- OWA Search improvements
- Malware Filter Rules
Description of Cumulative Update 2 for Exchange 2013 you can find below:
Unlike previous versions, cumulative updates do not use the rollup infrastructure; cumulative updates are actually full builds of the product, meaning that when you want to deploy a new server, you simply use the latest cumulative update build available and do not necessarily need to apply additional Exchange Server updates.
Prior to upgrading or deploying the new build onto a server, you will need to update Active Directory. For those of you with a diverse Active Directory permissions model you will want to perform the following steps:
- Exchange 2013 RTM CU2 includes schema changes. Therefore, you will need to execute setup.exe /PrepareSchema /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms.
- Exchange 2013 RTM CU2 includes enterprise Active Directory changes (e.g., RBAC roles have been updated to support new cmdlets and/or properties). Therefore, you will need to execute setup.exe /PrepareAD /IAcceptExchangeServerLicenseTerms.
More information you can find on the Microsoft Exchange Team Blog: