This post is also available in: Polish
When you have Geek users and they have mobile phones (devices) with Windows Phone 8, some of them can have problems with syncing mailbox with device.
During synchronization Windows Phone 8 device with Microsoft Exchange using Microsoft ActiveSync synchronization can fail and user can get following error:
We’re having a problem synching your information. Try again later.
Last tried x seconds ago.
Error code: 80070057
Mailbox is not snchronized to the device.
This error is caused by mailbox folder which conatins an ASCII code that is smaller than 32 for example, a tab, a carriage return line feed (CRLF) break, or a new line.
As a workaround you can use one or both of the following methods:
Method 1: Empty the Deleted Items folder.
- In Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Web App, right-click the Deleted Items folder.
- In the drop-down menu, click Empty Folder.
Note If you use Outlook in Cached Exchange Mode, make sure that Outlook synchronizes before you try to synchronize your device again.
Method 2: Rename the problem folder
- In Outlook or Outlook Web App, locate and right-click the problem folder.
- In the drop-down menu, click Rename.
- Type a new name for the folder, and then press Enter.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 for any folders that meet the criteria that are described in the “Cause” section.
- On the Windows Phone 8 device, tap Settings, tap email + accounts, and then press and hold the account. For example, if your Exchange Server account is called Contoso, press and hold Contoso.
- Tap sync in the drop-down menu that appears.